image description

Frequently Asked Questions

Where should payment requests be submitted?

Payment requests and invoices should be submitted to Rachel Bernadelli, Accounts Payable Clerk, located in Luther Hall room 200 or via email at

When are AP Checks available?

AP Checks are routinely cut on Tuesday and Thursday of each week.  Persons requesting checks to be held for pickup will be notified when their check is ready.  Barring further instructions, checks will be placed in the mail for delivery to the address on the check request or invoice.

What is the time limit for turning in expense reimbursements?

As a general rule, employees should submit reimbursement requests for travel and other miscellaneous expenses immediately after a purchase(s) is made or you return from traveling.  Reimbursement requests must be submitted no later than 30 days from the purchase or their last day of travel.  Requests that are delinquent in submission may not receive reimbursement.

What are original receipts?

Acceptable documentation submission to Accounts Payable must include both a summary receipts and a detailed receipt, showing the name of the payee, date, and detail of items purchased.  If a detailed receipt is not available, please note this on the receipt prior to submission to Accounts Payable.

Documentation to substantiate the expenditure for a meal must include: names of attendees, cost, date, place, and business purpose.

Where can I get IRS form W-9?

Click here to access the current IRS Form W-9 and instructions in PDF format.

What is the Petty Cash Threshold?

Reimbursements of $35.00 or less are processed as petty cash.  Please bring your approved reimbursement request accompanied by all applicable receipts and supporting documentation with you to the Business Office (Luther 200) to obtain your cash.

What do I do if I have lost/misplaced/was not given a receipt?

If you have last, misplaced, or were not given a receipt, please fill out the Missing Receipt Form  and return it to accounts payable with your reimbursement request.