Although Concordia University offers services to assist students with disabilities, you have the responsibility to make your needs known. The most important factors to your university success are seeking help early and learning to advocate for yourself. Each student with a disability needing services has the responsibility to:
- Request the services and provide appropriate disability documentation
- Meet with the DLS Coordinate early regarding your accommodation needs, at least within the first two weeks of the semester to guarantee accommodations
- Talk with your advisor and professors about in-class accommodations
- Follow the procedures for arranging accommodations through the Disabilities & Learning Services
- Communicate with the DLS if there are any questions or difficulties with the process
- Differences Between High School and College Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education: Know Your Rights and Responsibilities has helpful information about the transition from high school to college.