Steps to Receiving Accommodations
- Complete and submit an Accommodation Request Form to the DLS Coordinator
- Submit appropriate documentation (see Documentation Requirements below)
- Make an appointment with the DLS Coordinator no later than the second Friday of the semester to guaranteed accommodations to review and discuss accommodations
- Implementation of Accommodations
- Continued communication with DLS Coordinator concerning requested accommodations for each academic semester
We will ask you for documentation of your disability— this is information from a qualified licensed professional such as your doctor, therapist, psychoeducational testing, etc. We look for recent documentation (dated within the last five years). If you have older documentation, bring it so we can discuss it with you. We may ask that you obtain updated testing in order to get a clear picture of your current abilities and challenges. Your documentation must include information from a qualified professional that addresses your current functioning, diagnosis, and recommendations for appropriate accommodations.