At Concordia University, we take safety very seriously – and it shows. Because we know that campus security is a key issue for students and their families, we thought you'd be interested the findings from a recent national safety study. Using a variety of criteria – including violent crime, property crime, and violence against women – this comprehensive April 2017 study evaluated data from every college campus in the nation with 1000 students or more. The result? Concordia University in Portland was found to be the safest college in Oregon.
The safety and well-being of our campus community is the number one priority of our campus security team. That's why our public safety officers provide 24-hour coverage, seven days a week – from patrolling the entire campus and securing buildings working special events and responding to calls for assistance. Here are some of the other ways we address safety on campus:
- 24/7 campus security team
- Public safety officers available to escort any student to and from their vehicles or buildings on campus after dark
- Keyless electronic card locks on all campus residence halls
- Emergency call phones at exterior entrances to dorms and key buildings
- Comprehensive campus-wide safety plan
Rest assured that at Concordia, safety is always a primary concern. We want our campus to be every bit as safe as it is friendly and inviting.