Apply to the MBA Program
MBA Admission Criteria
Admission to Concordia's Master of Business Administration program is based on work history, evidence of managerial proficiency, academic ability, and leadership potential. Minimum requirements for MBA program admission include the following:
- A Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better in the student's last 60 semester credits of undergraduate college coursework.
- Professional work experience. Five or more years is recommended.
MBA Admission Checklist
To apply for Concordia's MBA program, please complete the following checklist:
- Completed MBA Application & $50 Application Fee
- A letter of intent that presents relevant information about previous experience, explains professional interests and career goals, and discusses reasons for wanting to obtain the MBA degree.
- A résumé that provides a history of professional experience, including both salaried and volunteer positions. Five or more years of professional work experience is recommended.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation. The letters should be from past and present supervisors and/or professional colleagues. Self-employed candidates may submit letters from business associates. Letters should address the candidate's intellectual abilities, professional achievements, and potential for increased management responsibilities.
- Proof of completion of a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a 3.0 GPA or above in the student's last 60 semester credits of undergraduate college coursework. Submit an official, sealed transcript from the school where you received your bachelor's degree. Records should be sent directly to Concordia University. You may submit the Transcript Release Form to allow Concordia University to request official transcripts on your behalf.
- Scores from the Business Critical Thinking Skills Test (BCTST) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Please discuss the BCTST option with your admission counselor.
- International applicants should also refer to the International Student Checklist. International applicants are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS), or have ELS Language Centers course 112 proficiency. The minimum score on the TOEFL is 550 on the paper exam, 213 on the computer-based test, or 80 on the internet-based test. The minimum score for the IELTS test is 6.5.
All application materials and transcripts should be sent to:Concordia University
Graduate Office of Admission
2811 NE Holman Street
Portland, OR 97211-6099
Every component of your application will be considered. Work experience, grades, communication skills, test scores, recommendations, etc. are all important.
We are still accepting applications for the Portland MBA program that begins in February. Ask us how you can get your $50 application fee waived!
Concordia University practices a rolling admission policy. Quality applicants are accepted on a first come, first serve basis. Applications received after the cohort is filled will be placed on a wait list.
International students are encouraged to apply at least six months prior to a cohort start date.