Online Student Services
Online student services support the University's mission through the provision of services and programs that empower students to engage in Christian-based educational communities, learning, personal development, leadership, service, and cross-cultural understanding.
- Checklist for Students at a Distance
- Here is a short list of online student services. Most of these tasks can be accomplished without ever setting foot on campus. Getting your education started has never been easier.
- Network Account Sign Up
- You'll need your Network Access Code for this step. Once you deposit, you will be emailed directions to create your account. Your network account will help you connect to Concordia resources such as Blackboard, the University's private Intranet, and online library resources.
- Concordia Intranet and Blackboard
- After you have signed up for your network account, it is essential that you bookmark the Web address for the Concordia Intranet. The Intranet provides students with links to most of their common questions. More importantly connects you to Blackboard, the course management system that you will be using to access the online component of your course. A Blackboard Orientation course will be available to all fully online students prior to beginning any online course.
- Your My.CU ID and PIN can be obtained by logging in to the Intranet. Look in the top right corner of the Intranet page to find your My.CU ID and the link to look- up your PIN. They will give you access to the My.CU portal that allows you to look up your transcripts and update information with the registrar's office. Your My.CU ID is also located on your student ID card. Your My.CU ID is also the number you will use to check out books from the Concordia Library.
- Concordia Library
- Library Indexes and Databases
- A-Z list (by title) of online databases--find journal, magazine, and newspaper articles (citations, abstracts, and full text), literary criticism, full-text electronic books, encyclopedia articles and more. These are subscription services provided through network username and password authentication.
- Online Learner Materials Request Form
- For our students that hardly ever set foot on campus, our library can order up photocopies of periodical articles, ERIC documents, or books and mail them to your doorstep. The only cost associated with this service is the return postage. You can also request that the books be ordered up and waiting at our library for pick up for free. This service was designed especially for students enrolled in online learner, Web-based, programs.
- Concordia University Bookstore by Barnes and Noble
- Search for your books online by term and course number. You never have to set foot on campus for many of the books you need.
- Order a Parking Permit
- Just fill out this form and mail it to the Campus Security address provided on the form. We'll send you the permit by mail.