Master of Education
Advance your career in education.
"Thanks to Concordia, I felt SO prepared. Concordia does a great job putting together the program, making sure the content is fresh and relevant, and making sure the right people are educating us."
Francesca Aultman, BA, MAT, MEd '14
New skills for the 21st century classroom
Concordia University is preparing the next generation of teachers – educators who can address the needs of the twenty-first century classroom with relevant and responsive curriculum. We offer programs that will enrich and hone your skills, meet state licensing requirements, and fit into your busy schedule. Concordia’s supportive environment fosters student success — and helps you discover new ways of thinking about education.
Concordia has been preparing teachers for more than 110 years. The knowledge and tools you receive here can be used immediately to positively affect your students, your class, and your entire school community. Professors are well-respected classroom teachers and administrators. And we can help you navigate school and state requirements for continuing education.
- no prerequisite courses
- licensure to teach at two authorization levels
- students planning to teach in middle and high school can be endorsed in two subject areas (space may be limited in some subjects)
- free parking at Concordia University
Your degree your way
We offer on campus, online, and customized hybrid degree programs to suit your schedule and goals.
- classes are held at our campus in northeast Portland
- fall (September) and spring (January) classes are 7.5 weeks in length, with two start dates each semester
- summer (June) classes are offered in 4 and 8 week sessions, with several start dates each semester
- classes are 5 weeks in length, with three start dates each semester
- you can complete the entire program with an online cohort, or choose to take classes as they fit into your schedule
- you can also create a personalized schedule containing some classes on-campus and some classes online
Making the MEd more affordable
We offer a variety of scholarships and grants designed to make an education at a small, private liberal arts university more affordable than you think.
- Alumni Grant equal to 20% off tuition
- $4,000 District Partnership Scholarship
- District Partnership Scholarship for Certificate/Endorsement Programs equal to 20% off tuition
- $4,000 AmeriCorps/Peace Corps Alumni Grant
- $2,500 AmeriCorps/Peace Corps Alumni Grant for select stand-alone endorsements
- Back to School Scholarship up to $2,000
- $2,000 Title I Scholarship
- Lutheran Educator Grant, equal to 20% off tuition
- plus private scholarships and federal student loans
Please note that certain grants and scholarships cannot be combined. Ask your admission counselor for details.
Cited by US News & World Report as one of the best online MEd programs in the country
Cutting-edge education that meets your needs
Concordia University combines the best in theory and practice for your Master of Education degree. In addition, you can also choose from continuing licensures in a variety of specialties.