Become a Leader in Your Field
Concordia's Healthcare Administration Degree
The Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration (HCA) offers an accelerated program to individuals who have completed two years of college, and have professional work experience. If you have considered entering or advancing in the field of HCA, then you are only one night a week and 4 semesters away from reaching that goal. Now is the time to take the next step towards completing your degree and becoming a leader in your field.
HCA Program Highlights:
- Our small class cohorts forge strong bonds with new colleagues while broadening your professional network
- The accelerated learning schedule allows you to accomplish your academic goals while maintaining your career and family commitments
- Concordia is conveniently located in Northeast Portland with plenty of free parking
- Concordia's Health Care Administration degree program is accredited by the International Assembly for Business Education (IACBE)
- Your prior work, school, or military experience could qualify for up to 30 academic credits through our prior learning assessment program
- Cohorts start twice each year in January and late August
- A reduced tuition for Concordia's Adult Degree programs makes a private education more attainable
- Concordia also offers a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree with a concentration option in Health Care Administration
The Concordia Difference
Since 1985 Concordia University has been graduating students in the healthcare industry and has earned the reputation of providing leaders who are transforming policy, leading change, and providing solutions for an aging population . Our small class sizes, internships and faculty with industry experience will help you create connections to broaden your professional network. The convenience of taking classes just one night a week will allow you to accomplish your goal of obtaining a bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration in 4 semesters while meeting the demands of your work and home life.
- We’re ready to meet with you one-on-one to determine if Concordia’s HCA program is a good match for your career goals
- Our financial aid counselors will guide you through the process to receive the maximum award
- We offer personal tours and opportunities to meet faculty members, students, and alumni of our HCA program
- We order and pay for your initial transcripts to be sent to us on your behalf
- Because of Concordia’s legacy, the HCA program and its graduates have an excellent reputation within the healthcare industry
- Concordia is continually recognized by the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll
- Accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE)
- Because internships are required in all of our programs, you will get hands-on experience and excellent networking opportunities prior to graduation
- Our faculty are practitioners in the field and offer real life experience as a part of the learning environment
- Concordia takes the extra step to offer career counseling, resume building, and writing and tutoring services
- Classes are one evening each week with periodic weekend classes. This allows you to complete your degree in as little as 4 semesters
- Free parking on campus
- Commuter lounge with free lockers
- Late library hours with private study rooms
- Wi-fi available campus-wide and easily accessible computer labs
- Two coffee shops on campus
- Three major bus lines lead directly to campus
Take the first step towards the rest of your life.
When you transfer to Concordia's Healthcare Administration program, you are more than a GPA-- you are an individual with unique qualities and experiences. Rest assured that when you decide to take the next step towards a degree in Healthcare Administration, we'll be here to guide you along the way.
- 60 semester or 90 quarter credits from regionally accredited institutions
- A cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher from a course work completed at a regionally accredited university
- Three to five years of significant professional experience (healthcare experience is recommended, but not required)
- Prior business and military experience could qualify for up to 30 academic credits through our Prior Learning Assessment program
Healthcare administration students are admitted to Concordia twice a year in August and January. Transfer Coordinators go out of their way to help you through the application process. To get started:
- Apply online - it's free, easy and convenient
- Official transcripts from each institution previously attended in the original sealed envelope
- Two letters of recommendation from current employer, supervisor, or other individual who can speak to your academic potential
- Current resume with a summary of your work experience
The HCA program is designed for experienced professionals who will use their knowledge to contribute to the learning community. Your work experience qualifies you for a 40% tuition reduction.
2014-2015 Academic Year
The B.S. in Health Care Administration program is comprised of four academic terms.
Tuition for the B.S. in the Healthcare Administration program is $425/credit.
|Program Tuition per Semester/Total||$5,100/$20,400|
|Average Books & Supplies||*$450/semester|
|Standard & Course Related Fees||*$375/semester|
|Financial Aid Eligibility Per Semester||$12,030|
|* may vary|
Additional consideration can be given for child care, computer purchase, and other specific educationally-related expenses if adequate documentation is provided. Contact the Financial Aid office for assistance at 503-493-8514.
Financial Aid Resources
The websites below may also help you locate additional resources to help make your Concordia education even more affordable.