Adequate health insurance coverage is REQUIRED for all International students enrolled in classes at Concordia University.
Concordia University offers a health care plan that will meet the needs of your insurance requirements. To enroll, please visit the Academic Insurance Solutions website: http://www.academicinsurancesolutions.com/schools/concordia-university/.
The Academic Insurance Solutions health plan is required of all international students UNLESS proof of comparable insurance is provided.
If you believe you have sufficient health insurance, you must provide a copy of your insurance policy, written in ENGLISH, during the International Student Orientation at Concordia University.
Your policy must include the following information:
- Effective term of coverage (beginning and ending date)
- Maximum dollar coverage for each sickness or injury
- Outline of covered services
- List of excluded services
- Address and telephone number of the insurance company
- Be in effect throughout the entire semester and be renewable for continuing coverage
- Have a minimum dollar coverage of $250,000 per illness or injury
- Include mental health care
- Include outpatient care (doctor visit, outpatient surgery, etc.)
- Include hospitalization
- Include maternity
- Include medical evacuation
- Include repatriation
Remember: You must have approved health insurance before you can attend any classes at Concordia University.
Should you have any questions regarding Concordia's international student health insurance requirement, please contact the Department of International Studies:
Linda Rountree, Director
Erika Wiescher, Assistant Director