How to Apply to Concordia University's Nursing Program as an Incoming Freshman
Freshman students are high school graduates and college transfer students with fewer than 12 semester hours or 18 quarter hours of transferable credits.
All Freshmen Pre-Nursing applications will be reviewed on the below priority deadline dates. December 1st applications will be given first priority, February 1st applications second priority and third priority will be given to applications received by March 1st. Acceptance into the Freshmen Pre-Nursing program is determined by the capacity for the Fall semester.
Fall Semester Priority BSN Deadlines
1st Priority Deadline: December 1
2nd Priority Deadline: February 1
3rd Priority Deadline: March 1
All applications received after April 1st will be reviewed on a rolling admissions basis. Acceptance into the Freshmen Pre-Nursing program is determined by the capacity for the Fall semester.
Ready to Apply? Please submit the following:
- You may apply online for free or you may download the print application and submit it with your $40 application fee. On your application, indicate "Nursing" as your area of study.
- Request official transcripts of academic coursework completed to date. All final transcripts are required prior to registration and enrollment.
- Submit ether SAT-I or ACT scores. The college code numbers for the tests are: SAT 4079; ACT 3458.
- Request two letters of recommendation from two different sources to be submitted to CU on your behalf (preferably from a science or math teacher that can attest to your qualifications as a strong candidate for our Nursing program). Concordia University will accept your recommendation on the downloadable recommendation form or as a personal letter.
- Submit a one page, typed essay on "Why I want to become a Nurse."
- OPTIONAL: An essay (choose one option)
- Option 1 - Submit your SAT Writing section as your essay
- Option 2 - Respond to one of the following essay topics
- Option 3 - Submit your essay through the Common Application
Once you have gathered the above materials, send to:The Office of Admission
2811 NE Holman
Portland, OR 97211
Questions? Please contact your admission counselor for more information.