As a facility, the complex stretches four city blocks, contains stadium seating for 1,770 spectators (soccer capacity 989; baseball capacity 781) as well as a concession area and an alumni plaza. The stadium’s turf and lights also allow for year-round use for multiple Cavalier and community teams, including all of Concordia’s youth soccer and baseball camps. Finally, the complex also houses a brand new, 3,230 square-foot hitting facility for the baseball, softball and golf teams as well as team rooms for both Concordia soccer teams and the baseball team.
Other facts and figures about the stadium:
- 96,300 bricks make up the stadium’s walls
- 143,000 square feet of turf covers the field area
- 1125 yards of concrete were used in construction
- 28,400 worker hours were spent building the stadium
- 130 workers contributed to the construction
- 6500 cubic yards of dirt were excavated during construction
- The field will drain 30 inches of water per hour
- 1588 cars would fit inside the stadium
- 29 houses were moved during construction
- 2384 plants and trees were planted during construction
- The three team rooms house 85 lockers between them (34 for baseball, 26 for men’s soccer and 25 for women’s soccer)
The on-campus soccer and baseball complex saw its first game on Nov. 12, 2011 when the Concordia soccer teams played back-to-back CCC Championships games. The men’s soccer team opened the event with a 2-0 win over Corban before the women’s soccer team won the nightcap 1-0 over Northwest. The Concordia baseball team, meanwhile, played its first game in the stadium on Feb. 7, 2012 when it beat Pacific Lutheran 5-2 in the first game of a doubleheader. The school then held the official grand opening for the stadium on March 3, 2012.
Thank you to the following corporations, foundations and individuals who have already contributed so much toward supporting the Complex!