The psychology major offers students an opportunity to explore human thought, behavior and emotion. This degree program provides coursework covering a wide array of topics in the field of psychology. Strong faculty offer engaging classes with challenging academic content.
Graduates from the Concordia University psychology program have gone on to rewarding careers in mental health, early childhood education, outdoor recreation, parent and family education, and residential treatment. Also, many of our graduates continue their studies in counseling, school counseling, or addiction studies at graduate schools across the country.
- PSY 201 Principles of Psychology
- PSY 288/488 Understanding the Major in Psychology
- PSY 321 Human Development
- PSY 231 Research and Statistics
- PSY 332 Research Methods with Lab
- PSY 434 Abnormal Psychology
- SOC 220 Principles of Sociology
- SOC 321 Sociology of Diversity
- 22+ semester hours of elective courses in Psychology within 4 cluster areas
- The Capstone Experience: Senior Thesis or Internship