Conferences for Educators - Earning Professional Development Units through Concordia University
Concordia University is proud to be working with Dr. Becky Bailey, an international expert, publisher in early childhood education and development and the creator of Conscious Discipline. CU has partnered with Dr. Becky Bailey to provide graduate seminar credit for her workshops.
Graduate Seminar Credits for Dr. Becky Bailey Conscious Discipline Workshops
- Graduate seminar credit will be offered at $100 per semester credit
- The course is designated EDU 820 Emotional Intelligence and Classroom Management (4 graduate seminar credits).
- Correne Constantino will be the instructor of record.
To receive credit:
- Enroll and pay for credit online.
- The week following the workshop (or if a summer workshop, at the beginning of the school year), implement a workshop-based strategy into the classroom, child care or child services program.
- Midway through the first week of implementation, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org documenting the strategy and how it is being used. Feedback will be provided.
- After 7 – 10 classroom days of implementation, write a 4-5 page, double-spaced scholarly (APA) paper that describes the strategy, how it was implemented and the final student outcomes. Download the EDU 820 Emotional Intelligence and Classroom Management research Project scoring rubric. (PDF)
Correne Constantino will review the paper, provide feedback and award credit.
Need credit for a previously attended seminar? Register for the credits online.