Community Partner Requests
The Concordia University Service Leadership Office welcomes service requests from the community seeking individual or group volunteers for one-time or ongoing projects that may not be met by Academic Service-Learning Courses or current CU Service Leadership programs and events. Such requests might broadly address constant needs such as tutoring, serving meals to the hungry, teaching English as a second language, or addressing a particular local social issue. Other requests might focus on one-time events, such as Columbia Slough Watershed clean up, Easter egg hunts, calling scores at Senior Olympics, or planning an event for elderly residents of a nursing home.
Although the Office of Service Leadership cannot guarantee a student response, the office will make a special request known throughout campus by e-mailing interested students and posting the opportunity through CU's on ground and online media outlets and the Office of Service Leadership Web site calendar.
Please consider the following when making a special request:
- The best time to submit a request is prior to the start of a given semester. January and August often serve as planning months; submitting requests at those times gives the Office of Service Leadership more time to plan a way to recruit volunteers for event(s).
- Although it is preferable to receive requests as early as possible, they must arrive in the Office of Service Leadership at least 2-3 weeks prior to the service event date(s).
- Students will contact organizations directly so the organization may monitor how a specific need is met.
- It is helpful to keep a list of responding students handy to contact directly in the future should a need arise.
- Individual organizations, not Concordia or the Office of Service Leadership, are responsible for volunteer insurance.
- Requests must be agency-based. The Office of Service Leadership will not post requests for individual needs in the home, such as caretakers and drivers.
How to Make a Request
Three-to-six weeks before an event (or events), determine the specific need, including dates, times, and number of volunteers required. Be sure to clearly define the responsibilities of the volunteer and determine a date by which you need a response. Go to the (please hyperlink to the Community Partner Request Form Page) Community Partner Request Form, fill it out and click submit. If you encounter any problems, please contact the Office of Service leadership.Community Partner Request Form
This page should be an interactive form similar to the Service Corps application page based on the Word document form titled, Community Partner Request Form.