Academic Service-learning students contribute their time, energy, and unique talents to nonprofit organizations, schools, hospitals, healthcare facilities, government agencies, and advocacy groups in ways that help to meet community needs. The service may be connected to a specific Concordia University course or academic major, or may simply be related to a personal passion. The expectations for any students participating in service at CU are listed below:
Students are expected to:
- Attend the agency's orientation session (If Applicable)
- Contact the agency to schedule hours and notify them of any change in their schedule (If volunteering outside of Concordia programs)
- Keep track of service learning hours and turn in a signed validation form at the end of the semester to the Office of Service Leadership
- Contribute to the mission of the organization.
- Think about what they are learning from the experience.
- Discuss any concerns about their experience with the agency partner and/or the professor.
- Contact the Office of Service Leadership Staff if they are unable to resolve any concerns.