How to Apply as a Transfer Student
Concordia University defines a transfer student as a student who has attended a regionally-accredited college or university and earned a minimum of 12 semester (18 quarter) credits in course work approved by the university Registrar.
** BSN COHORT APPLICANTS - Please see the Nursing transfer requirements for application materials and information.
**ADULT-COMPLETION PROGRAM APPLICANTS - Please consult the Degree Completion page for the application process for your program of interest.
Though Concordia University has a rolling admission process, applications submitted by the following dates are given priority:
|Semester||Priority Deadline||Classes Begin|
|Fall||August 3||August 28|
|Spring||December 1||January 4|
|Summer||March 1||May 10 Session I
June 14 Session II
Ready to Apply? Please submit the following:
- Undergraduate transfer students may apply online for free or you may download the print application and submit it with your $40 application fee. You may also apply for free through the Common Application or download the print Common Application (free).
- Coordinate with Concordia University for your transcript release. Fill out the transcript release form and return to Concordia University. If there are further questions, an Admissions Counselor will contact you.
- Request two letters of recommendation from two different sources to be submitted to CU on your behalf. CU will accept your recommendations on the downloadable recommendation form or as a personal letter.
- An essay (choose one option)
- Option 1 - Respond to one of the following essay topics
- Option 2 - Submit your essay through the Common Application
Once you have gathered the above materials, send to:The Office of Admission
2811 NE Holman St.
Portland, OR 97211-6099
Questions? Please contact your admission counselor for more information.