Master of Education: Checklist for Admission
Ready to apply? Please submit the following:
- Apply online or download the paper application and submit it with your $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts demonstrating completion of a Baccalaureate degree. Your signature is mandatory for your transcripts to be released and there is usually a charge for this service. Call each school you have attended to find out its procedure for transcript release, and have the transcript sent directly to CU Admissions.*
- Two letters of recommendation, dated within six months of applying, that verify your potential for working with children or youth.
- The TSPC-required Personal Character Questionnaire.
- A letter of intent (no longer than two pages) explaining:
- Why you desire to enter CUs Master of Education program
- Where you want to be, personally and professionally, five years from now
- Submit a detailed résumé that provides a history of work experience.
- If you are an international student, a score of 80 (internet-based), 213 (computer-based), or 550 (paper-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) that is no more than two years old. You will also need to:
- Have completed a statement of financial guarantee
- Submit a copy of your passport
Entry requirements specific to the MEd in Administration– Initial licensing for administrative candidates:
- Two letters of reference that verify the applicant’s administrative potential based on assessment of skill in leadership, management and human relations
- Completion of a teacher or personnel service preparation program AND an Oregon teaching or personal service license. Administrative candidates wishing to serve in the State of Washington meet these criteria with proof of a Washington teaching certificate: WAC 180-79A-220)
- Three years of successful licensed teaching or personnel service experience in public schools or regionally accredited private schools
Once you have gathered the above materials, send to:The Office of Admissions
2811 NE Holman St.
Portland, OR 97211-6099
* Cumulative undergraduate GPA must be 2.80 or higher. The GPA for graduate courses transferred in must be 3.0 or higher.