How to Apply as a Freshman
Incoming freshman students are high school graduates and college transfer students with fewer than twelve semester hours or eighteen quarter hours of transferable credits.
Concordia University has a rolling admission process, however, applications submitted by the following dates are given priority:
|Fall Semester:||May 1|
|Spring Semester:||December 1|
|Summer Semester:||March 1|
The only exception to these deadlines is the Freshman Nursing Program.
Ready to Apply? Please submit the following:
- Freshmen may apply online for free or you may download the print application and submit it with your $40 application fee. You may also apply for free through the Common Application or download the print Common Application (free).
- Request official transcripts of academic coursework completed to date. All final transcripts are required prior to registration and enrollment. Concordia also grants credits for Advanced Placement (AP) scores of 3 or higher, and recognizes the the International Baccalaureate (IB) program for higher-level (HL) exams. Find out more information about advanced standing credits.
- Submit either SAT-I or ACT scores. The college code numbers for the tests are: SAT 4079; ACT 3458.
- Request two letters of recommendation from two different sources to be submitted to CU on your behalf. CU will accept your recommendations on the downloadable recommendation form or as a personal letter.
- An essay (choose one option)
- Option 1 - Submit your SAT Writing section as your essay
- Option 2 - Respond to one of the following essay topics
- Option 3 - Submit your essay through the Common Application
Once you have gathered the above materials, send to:The Office of Admission
2811 NE Holman St.
Portland, OR 97211-6099
Questions? Please contact your admission counselor for more information.