Transferring schools can be complex, but Concordia is committed to helping you through the process. Your admission counselor can work with you to find exactly how your completed courses will transfer to Concordia. Additionally, we have transfer guides from area colleges so that you can see for yourself the flexibility of our transfer programs.
Concordia University defines a transfer student as a student who has attended a regionally-accredited college or university and earned a minimum of 12 semester (18 quarter) credits in course work approved by the university Registrar.
Concordia is on a semester system. When you transfer to Concordia from a quarter system, we take care to ensure you receive full credit for all the classes you've taken, using the 2:3 conversion formula below:
|3||x 2/3 =||2|
|12||x 2/3 =||8|
|15||x 2/3 =||10|
|18||x 2/3 =||12|
Though Concordia University has a rolling admission process, applications submitted by the following dates are given priority:
Priority deadline: April 1
Priority deadline: November 1
Priority deadline: February 1
Ready to Apply? Please submit the following:
- Undergraduate transfer students may apply online for free. You may also apply for free through the Common Application or download the print Common Application (free).
- Coordinate with Concordia University for your transcript release. Fill out the transcript release form and return to Concordia University. If there are further questions, an Admissions Counselor will contact you.
- Request two letters of recommendation from two different sources to be submitted to CU on your behalf. CU will accept your recommendations on the downloadable recommendation form or as a personal letter.
- Recommendation Form (Best viewed when downloaded and opened in Adobe Reader)
- An essay (choose one option)
- Option 1 - Respond to one of the following essay topics
- Option 2 - Submit your essay through the Common Application
Once you have gathered the above materials, send to:Office of Admission
2811 NE Holman Street
Portland, OR 97211
Nursing students should follow the Nursing admission requirements.
Adults with significant work experience should review the Degree Completion admission requirements for eligibility.