image description

Transfer Equivalency Guides

Please consult the Concordia University catalog for the specific requirements of your degree at Concordia University. The courses listed in the transfer guides below are the transfer equivalencies or guidelines for bringing coursework into Concordia University from other colleges and universities. The guides are not intended to be a comprehensive listing of the courses required for a particular program. If you are having trouble locating a course to transfer, our admission counselors are happy to answer your questions.

Although Concordia University does not require an associate degree from transfer applicants, the associate degrees from Oregon, Washington and California provide an easy transition to Concordia University. The associate degrees listed below fulfill most of our lower-division, general education requirements, depending on your major:

  • Oregon: Associates of Arts, Oregon Transfer Degree (AAOT)
  • Washington: Associates of Arts, Direct Transfer Agreements (DTA)


Additionally, Concordia has developed specialized articulation agreements with certain programs at regional community colleges.

  • Early Childhood Education - SW Washington Community Colleges - Clark College, Lower Columbia, Centralia
  • Exercise & Sports Science - Clark College and Portland Community College
  • Social Work - Mt. Hood Community College


Transfer Guides for Oregon Community Colleges

Transfer Guides by Program

Transfer Guides for Hawaii Community Colleges


If transferring into Concordia's elementary education program, look for alternative requirements marked "Elem. Ed."

Nursing students should follow the Nursing admission requirements.

Adults with significant work experience should review the Degree Completion admission requirements for eligibility.