Transfer students intending to complete all required Nursing general education and pre-requisite courses at a school other than Concordia University should apply to CU's Nursing program directly by completing the BSN Cohort Application. Application materials are evaluated individually, on a case-by-case basis. PLEASE NOTE: 2014 BSN cohort applications must be submitted by the postmark date of March 1, 2014.
Transfer students intending to take their general education and pre-requisite courses at Concordia must apply to the University through the regular transfer admission process. BSN students looking to attend pre-requisite classes for the Fall of 2014 can apply at www.applytocu.com.
Transfer students with fewer than 12 semester (18 quarter) credit hours of transferable credits may apply to the Freshman BSN Program.
All Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) candidates must submit a complete BSN Application Portfolio for consideration. To be considered, candidates must submit (or postmark) all portfolio materials by March 1st.
Applicants with a cumulative GPA and/or science GPA below 3.00 will not be considered. Transfer applicants with science course work in progress at another institution prior to the start of the summer BSN program will be considered. However, we will expect to review at least one term of each of the following: general biology, chemistry, anatomy and physiology, and microbiology.
A complete BSN Application Portfolio must contain the following:
- Completed and signed BSN Application Check Sheet and Application Form
- $75 non-refundable nursing application fee made payable to Concordia University (not applicable to current Concordia students)
- Two page Statement of Purpose. This statement must be typed, double spaced and include the following:
- One paragraph explaining your decision to become a nurse.
- One paragraph describing the gifts and experience you will bring to promoting health and caring for the sick as a nurse.
- One paragraph describing the challenges you expect to face as you study nursing, and weaknesses you need to overcome.
- Two Letters of Recommendation from a current professor, supervisor, or clergy that affirm your ability to study at the university level, and affirm your aptitude for nursing.
- Official Transcripts from all institutions previously attended. Transcripts must remain in their sealed, unopened envelopes to be considered official. Current Concordia students must only submit transcripts from other institutions attended since they began attending CU.
- A Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certificate is required. This course is not available through Concordia University. Students who do not have a certificate prior to submitting their application will need to indicate on the BSN Application Form a coursework completion date (must be prior to the start of the nursing cohort's fall semester).
BSN Application Portfolios may be submitted in a white 9"x12" envelope addressed to:Office of Admission
2811 NE Holman Street
Portland, OR 97211
In the lower-left corner of the envelope, please indicate the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Application Materials
Would you like to hear from one of our admissions counselors? Receive more information on Concordia and the Nursing Program? Just fill out our information request form and we’ll be in touch!