Adequate health insurance coverage is REQUIRED for all International students enrolled in classes at Concordia University for the duration of your studies.
Concordia University offers a health care plan that will meet the needs of your insurance requirements. To enroll, please visit the USI Insurance website:https://lifemap.benselect.com/Enroll/Login.aspx?Path=NWSHIC#.
Other options for health insurance include:
Proof of insurance will be required during the mandatory international student orientation..
You will be asked to provide a copy of your insurance policy, written in ENGLISH. Your policy must include the following information:
- Effective term of coverage (beginning and ending date)
- Maximum dollar coverage for each sickness or injury
- Outline of covered services
- List of excluded services
- Address and telephone number of the insurance company
- Be in effect throughout the entire semester and be renewable for continuing coverage
- Have a minimum dollar coverage of $250,000 per illness or injury
- Include mental health care
- Include outpatient care (doctor visit, outpatient surgery, etc.)
- Include hospitalization
- Include maternity
- Include medical evacuation
- Include repatriation
Remember: You must have approved health insurance before you can attend any classes at Concordia University.
Should you have any questions regarding Concordia's international student health insurance requirement, please contact the Department of International Studies:
Linda Rountree, Director
Erika Wiescher, Assistant Director