image description

Master of Education/Continuing Licensure/Add-On Endorsements and Authorization Levels

Ready to apply? Please submit the following:

  1. Apply online
  2. Official transcripts demonstrating completion of a Baccalaureate degree from a regionally-accredited college or university*. You may submit the Transcript Release Form to allow Concordia University to request official transcripts on your behalf or you may submit them yourself. Transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope to be considered official.
  3. Two confidential letters of recommendation, dated within six months of applying. (IAL and CAL applicants only need to submit one letter of recommendation.)
  4. The TSPC-required Personal Character Questionnaire.
  5. A letter of intent (no longer than two pages) explaining:
    1.  Why you desire to enter CU’s Graduate Education program
    2.  Where you want to be, personally and professionally, five years from now
  6. Submit a detailed résumé that provides a history of work experience.
  7. If you are an international student, a score of 80 (internet-based), 213 (computer-based), or 550 (paper-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) that is no more than two years old. You will also need to:
    1.  Have completed a statement of financial guarantee
    2.  Submit a copy of your passport

* Cumulative undergraduate GPA must be 2.80 or higher. The GPA for graduate courses transferred in must be 3.0 or higher.

Entry requirements specific to the MEd in Administration– Initial licensing for administrative candidates:

  1. The letter(s) of reference should verify the applicant’s administrative potential based on assessment of skill in leadership, management and human relations
  2. Completion of a teacher or personnel service preparation program AND an Oregon teaching or personal service license. Administrative candidates wishing to serve in the State of Washington meet these criteria with proof of a Washington teaching certificate: WAC 180-79A-220)
  3. Three years of successful licensed teaching or personnel service experience in public schools or regionally accredited private schools is highly recommended

Please make sure your first and last names appear on all of your application materials. You may submit your materials (preferably in one packet) in one of the following methods: