Requirements and Admission Checklist
Ready to apply? Please submit the following:
- Apply online
- Official transcripts demonstrating completion of a Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university *. You may submit the Transcript Release Form to allow Concordia University to request official transcripts on your behalf or you may submit them yourself. Transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope to be considered official.
- Two letters of recommendation, dated within six months of applying, that speak to qualifications or potential to teach English as a second language.
- A letter of intent (no longer than two pages) explaining:
- Why you desire to enter CU's MA TESL program.
- Where you want to be, personally and professionally, five years from now.
- Submit a detailed résumé that provides a history of work experience.
- International students applying to the MA in TESL program have additional requirements.
- If you are an international student, a score of 80 (internet-based), 213 (computer-based), or 550 (paper-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) that is no more than two years old. You will also need to:
- Have completed a financial guarantee form
- Submit a copy of your passport
* Cumulative undergraduate GPA must be 2.80 or higher. The GPA for graduate courses transferred in must be 3.0 or higher.
Please make sure your first and last names appear on all of your application materials. You may submit your materials (preferably in one packet) in one of the following methods:
- Upload items through your online application account
- Scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to 503-280-8531
- Mail to:
Office of Admission
2811 NE Holman Street
Portland, OR 97211