Freshmen students may choose one of the six essay topics below.
FOR FRESHMEN STUDENTS
Choose ONE of the six essay topics below:
- Describe a challenging situation you have had and what steps you have taken to overcome it.
- Describe your leadership ability, how you are currently using it, and how you will implement those abilities on CU's campus.
- Describe yourself and your reasons for applying to CU, a private, Christian university.
- How will your major at Concordia prepare you for a career? Describe how you will use your education at CU to pursue your dreams.
- Please respond to a local, national, or international issue that has prompted you to take action on a personal level.
- Please respond to the statement by Aristotle - "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
FRESHMEN NURSING STUDENTS
Freshmen Nursing students are required to submit a one-page essay on “Why I want to become a nurse.”
FRESHMEN HONORS STUDENTS
Honors students are required to submit a 1000 word essay. Please see the Honors Essay Requirements page (link to page).
3 EASY WAYS TO SUBMIT YOUR ESSAY
- Submit your essay with your application
- Email your essay to
- Mail your essay to Concordia University Office of Admission