Choose ONE of the three topics below, using the bullet points as suggested questions to answer in your essay and submit it with your application for review.
Nursing students are required to submit a one page essay on “Why I want to become a nurse.”
Honors students are required to submit a 500 word essay describing your ideal university. Please see our Honors Essay page for details.
- Describe a challenging situation you have had and what steps you have taken to overcome it.
- Explain what unique characteristics you will bring to Concordia University as a student.
- Describe your leadership ability, how you are currently using it, and how you will implement those abilities on CU's campus.
- Founded in 1905, CU has created a legacy of successful graduates. How do you fit in to CU's legacy?
- Describe yourself, and your reasons for applying to CU, a private, Christian university.
- How will your major at Concordia prepare you for a career? Describe how you will use your education at CU to pursue your dreams.
- In your personal experiences, please respond to a local, national, or international issue that has prompted you to action.
- What is a current problem you see in your generation today? How will you break beyond the norm?
- If you were President of The United States for one day what is the one bill you would pass?
- Please respond to the statement by Aristotle - "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
You can submit the essay with your application, mail it to Concordia, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.