High school graduates and college transfer students with fewer than twelve semester hours or eighteen quarter hours of transferable college credits are considered freshmen.
Concordia University has a rolling admission process. However, applications submitted by the following dates are given priority:
- Fall Semester—Early Action Deadline : November 15 (closed)
- Fall Semester—Priority Deadline: December 15 (closed)
- Fall Semester—Priority Deadline: January 27
- Fall Semester—Rolling Admission: begins January 21 and proceeds until the class is full.
- Spring Semester—Priority Deadline: December 15
- Summer Semester—Priority Deadline: March 1
The Freshman Nursing Program is the only exception to these deadlines.
Ready to apply? Here's what you need to submit:
- Application. Freshmen may apply online for free. You may also apply for free through the Common Application. NOTE: If you've already applied to Concordia through the Common Application, you do not need to fill out the Concordia online application.
- Official transcripts. Request official transcripts of academic coursework completed to date. All final transcripts are required upon graduation. Concordia also grants credits for Advanced Placement (AP) scores of 3 or higher, and recognizes the the International Baccalaureate (IB) program for higher-level (HL) exams.
Find out more information about International Baccalaureate and Advanced Placement standing credits.
- Test scores. Submit either SAT-I or ACT scores. The Concordia University code numbers for the tests are: SAT 4079; ACT 3458.
- Letters of recommendation. Request two letters of recommendation from two different sources to be submitted to Concordia University on your behalf. Concordia will accept your recommendations on the downloadable recommendation form or as a personal letter.
- Recommendation Form (Best viewed when downloaded and opened in Adobe Reader)
- Written essay. For your essay, choose one of the following options:
Option 1 - Submit your SAT Writing section as your essay
Option 2 - Respond to one of the essay topics listed.
Option 3 - Submit your essay through the Common Application
Once you have gathered all of the above materials, send them to:Office of Admission
2811 NE Holman Street
Portland, OR 97211
Questions? Please contact your admission counselor for more information.