This major is designed as a traditional undergraduate, four-year program. It provides students with opportunities to develop the personal and professional skills of the marketing world. To accomplish this, students are required to complete courses and activities in three distinct areas:
- The first area requires students to complete the General Business CORE.
- The second area requires students to complete CORE courses in Marketing.
- The third area requires students to complete advanced study in a business-related concentration or minor, or choose a minor within the liberal arts field. The advanced study concentrations and minors include: Accounting with a CPA track, Finance, and Sports Management.
All students complete an internship. The purpose of this internship is to help students apply academic knowledge to a supervised work environment. The internship brings together academic preparation with an actual employment situation providing the students with an opportunity to apply their knowledge, communication, decision-making, and problem solving skills. The vast majority of business internships turn into full-time employment opportunity upon graduation. Many of these students are in an enviable position; they already have a job offer and can begin their careers immediately.
Students enrolled in the Marketing degree program, especially those who have selected the International Business as a minor, may wish to travel overseas to study or complete an internship with a company in another country.
BA General Education Requirements (48)
The following are exceptions to the General Education requirements.
- MTH 123 College Algebra (3) fulfills the general education math requirement
General Business Core Requirements (35)
- ACT 201 Financial Accounting (3)
- ACT 202 Managerial Accounting (3)
- BA 101 Intro to Business: Organizational Management (3)
- BA 203 Fundamentals of Economics (4)
- BA 226 Computer Business Applications: MS Office (3)
- BA 247 Quantitative Methods and Analysis (3)
- BA 301 Pre-Internship Seminar (1)
- BA 342 Finance (3)
- BA 352 Business Law (3)
- MKT 360 Principles of Marketing (3)
- BA 457 Ethical Leadership (3)
- BA 499 Internship (5)
Marketing Major Core
- MKT362 Consumer Behavior (3)
- MKT 363 Marketing Research (3)
- MKT 365 Innovation and Product Life Cycle (3)
- MKT 366 Global Marketing (3)
- MKT 467 Marketing Strategy and Management (3)
All undergraduate business students who major in Marketing must also complete one of the business-related advanced study areas as shown in this section or select a minor in the Liberal Arts. Students majoring in Marketing must select a minor other than Marketing.
- Finance (12-13)
Complete four of the following courses:
- ACT 301 Intermediate Accounting I (4)
- BA 341 Investments (3)
- BA 344 International Trade, Finance and Monetary Issues (3)
- BA 455 Risk Assessment (3)
- BA 472 Entrepreneurial Finance (3)
- Sports Management (12)
- SPT 461 Principles of Sports Management (3)
- SPT 462 Sports Marketing (3)
- SPT 463 Sports Financing and Sponsorship (3)
- SPT 464 Legal Issues in Sports Management (3)
- Accounting (20)
- ACT 301 International Accounting I (4)
- ACT 302 Intermediate Accounting II (3)
- ACT 401 Auditing (3)
- ACT 402 Income Tax I Personal (3)
- ACT 403 Income Tax II Corporate (3)
- ACT 406 Advanced Accounting (4)