Concordia University is proud to be working with Dr. Becky Bailey, an international expert, publisher in early childhood education and development and the creator of Conscious Discipline. CU has partnered with Dr. Becky Bailey to provide graduate seminar credit for her workshops.
Graduate Seminar Credits for Dr. Becky Bailey Conscious Discipline Workshops
Graduate seminar credit will be offered at $100 per semester credit
The course is designated EDU 820 Emotional Intelligence and Classroom Management (4 graduate seminar credits).
Correne Constantino will be the instructor of record.
To receive credit:
- Enroll and pay for credit online.
- The week following the workshop (or if a summer workshop, at the beginning of the school year), implement a workshop-based strategy into the classroom, child care or child services program.
- Midway through the first week of implementation, send an email to email@example.com documenting the strategy and how it is being used. Feedback will be provided.
- After 7 – 10 classroom days of implementation, write a 4-5 page, double-spaced scholarly (APA) paper that describes the strategy, how it was implemented and the final student outcomes. Download the EDU 820 Emotional Intelligence and Classroom Management research Project scoring rubric.(PDF)
Correne Constantino will review the paper, provide feedback and award credit.
Need credit for a previously attended seminar? Register for the credits online.
All Born In Cross-Disability Inclusion Conference
Concordia University is proud to offer credit for the All Born In Cross-Disability Inclusion Conference held annually in Portland, Oregon. This unique conference offers parents and professionals the opportunity to come together to explore and celebrate inclusive education, creating schools where every learner can succeed.
Graduate seminar credit will be offered at $80 for one semester credit or ten clock hours.
The course is designated 42279 CEU 026 ALL BORN IN CONFERENCE
Ann Donaca-Sullivan will be the instructor of record.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE DESIGN OF THE EXPERIENCE:
To be eligible for one hour of continuing education units, conference participants must:
- Have earned a B. A. or B. S. from an accredited institution
- Be willing to provide verification of conference attendance through conference registration and at least one of the following:
- A minimum of one written analysis referencing materials covered or presented during the conference - Three to Five pages double spaced.
- A written or electronic activity created by the instructor for use in the classroom
- Complete the selected requirement by June 1, 2014
- Understand that Continuing Education Units (CEU) may or may not be transferable to other institutions
- Comply with Concordia University’s graduate level proficiencies and expectations.
Ann Donaca-Sullivan will review the paper, provide feedback and award credit. firstname.lastname@example.org