Administrative Licensing Programs
Concordia University offers several administrative licenses for those who have already earned a Master's degree:
- Initial Administrator License
- Continuing Administrator License
Educators and administrators eligible for these programs:
- Have earned a Master's degree or higher from a regionally-accredited institution
- Have at least three years of successful experience
- For the Initial Administrator License, at least three years of licensed, contracted teaching or personnel service experience in public schools or regionally-accredited private schools is highly recommended
- For the Continuing Administrator License, at least three years of half-time administrative experience in Oregon public schools or Oregon private schools who hold regional accreditation is required before the CAL can be awarded from TSPC
- Comply with Standards for Competent and Ethical Performance of Oregon Educators in Division 020
To apply for one of Concordia University's administrative licensing programs, interested candidates should submit the following:
- Apply online. A new application must be completed for each Concordia program pursued.
- An official transcript from a regionally-accredited college or university that indicates a Master's degree was conferred.
- One letter of reference dated within one year of applying that verifies the candidate's administrative potential based on assessment of leadership, management, and human relations skills.
- The TSPC-required Personal Character Questionnaire.
- A letter of intent (no longer than two pages) outlining the candidate's goals and professional administrative objectives.
- Professional résumé which lists your education and teaching experience.
- Verification of completion of a teacher or personnel service preparation program and an Oregon teaching or personnel service license. Administrative candidates from Washington must submit proof of a Washington teaching certificate.
- Verification of three years of a successful, contracted, licensed teaching or personnel service experience in public schools or regionally accredited private schools (one year equals eight consecutive months) is highly recommended.