Adding to the Rhythm of Life
Concordia’s music program builds on a strong tradition of excellence. From the packed performances of our Christmas Chorale going for over sixty-five years, to regional and international concert tours, Concordia’s music ensembles are known for their outstanding performances of some of the finest musical literature from all eras. We invite you to become a member of Concordia’s dynamic, musical tradition.
Concordia students are able to hone their musical skills through study with some of Portland’s finest musicians including members of the Portland Opera, The Oregon Symphony, and the Portland Ballet Orchestra. Scholarships are available, by audition, for students from all majors. Many of our students are involved in multiple ensembles and can receive scholarships for each – a fact that sets Concordia apart from many other colleges.
Current music ensembles include:
- Brass Ensemble
- Christi Crux Vocal Ensemble
- Concert Choir
- Handbell Ensemble
- Praise Ensemble
- String Ensemble
- Wind Ensemble
In addition, Concordia offers a music minor for those interested in enhancing their degree program.
- Excellent ensembles performing a superb repertoire of varied musical eras
- Talent-based ensemble scholarships are available to students in any major of study
- Studio instructors are drawn from prestigious organizations such as the Oregon Symphony and Portland Opera
- Small class sizes enable music faculty to give students personal attention to ensure their success
“From the age of seven I wanted to be an opera singer, but when it came time for college, I needed extra encouragement and financial support. Concordia has helped me every step of the way. if I hadn’t come to Concordia, I would not have had the opportunities I’ve had to develop my gifts and share them with the community and the world.” – Emmanuel Henreid ’13