About Concordia University
Concordia is a private, Christian, liberal arts university open to students of any faith. Nestled in the Pacific Northwest, Concordia University is committed to the dual purpose of preparing students for life and for a living.
Concordia provides a challenging, yet supportive learning environment where spirited intellectual inquiry strengthens our commitment to justice, compassion and moral integrity. We respect diversity, and integrate faith into every aspect of learning, service and life.
Concordia University Facts:
- Concordia is a Christian University preparing leaders for the transformation of society.
- Concordia is one of 10 universities founded by the Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod, and the only LCMS university in Oregon. Weve been an integral part of the Pacific Northwest since 1905. Concordia is a Christian university that welcomes students from all faiths.
- Concordia is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- Portland, Oregon
- Concordia offers 25 undergraduate majors with concentrations in more than 20 fields. The College of Education and School of Management also offer post-graduate degrees.
- Approximately 2,500 students; 60% female and 40% male.
- Student/Faculty Ratio
- 17 to 1. The average class size is 20 students.
- Campus Living
- Six modern residence halls house approximately 500 students.
- Campus Expansion
- Construction was completed on both the George R. White Library & Learning Center and Concordia Place Apartments in 2009. Campus expansion plans include a new athletic complex, residence hall and student center.
- Financial Aid
- 97% of students receive financial aid. The average freshman award is $10,000.
- NAIA Intercollegiate Athletics
- Womens basketball, cross country, softball, golf, soccer, track and field and volleyball.
- Mens baseball, basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, and track and field.
- Clubs and Organizations
- Associated Students of Concordia University (ASCU), Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Intramural Sports, Choir, Christian Life Ministries, The Promethean (literary arts journal), Habitat for Humanity, Chi Beta Chi (business club), H.O.P.E., One Voice, and many others. Learn more
- Study Abroad
- Recent adventures include faculty-led study in England, France, Germany, Greece, India, Italy and Semester at Sea.
- Concordia Online
- Our fully online MEd programs are designed to fit your schedule and budget and provide you with the highest-quality learning experience. Start working towards your Master's in Education now!.
Concordia also offers a wide range of online undergraduate courses. Learn more about the online learning center here