Congratulations on joining the team at Concordia University in Portland. We understand that starting a new job can be stressful and overwhelming. To ease the transition, our carefully planned first day will provide you with a practical perspective on how Concordia works, and will give you an opportunity to get to know the teammates in your department. Our goal is to set you up for success!
Preparing for your start date
In order to get ready for your first day on the job, it’s important that you come prepared with the necessary paperwork and information. Here’s a quick look at what you need to have with you:
- Employment forms: Most of your employment forms will have been submitted prior to your first day. If you have not completed all your employment forms, or provided a voided check for direct deposit, please be prepared to complete them when you arrive.
- Identification: In order to complete the I-9 employment form, you will need to provide photo identification from one of the following two options.
- Option 1: Valid driver’s license + birth certificate or Social Security card
- Option 2: Current passport
For a complete listing of other documents that establish identity and employment authorization, visit the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services web site.
- Vehicle information: Concordia’s public safety officers regularly monitor cars parked on campus. Parking passes are free, but require a driver’s license and vehicle license plate numbers in order to register. So please have this information with you.
- Pen and paper: Your first day will be full of new information — including building names, room numbers, and passwords. So it’s a good idea to bring a pad or small notebook and a pen or two with you.
To help give you an easy start to your new job, we’ve created a sample orientation schedule that gives you an idea of what to expect during your first day.
|8:20-8:30am||Employment Forms (if not submited prior)|
|8:30 - 9:15am||Benefits Meeting*|
|9:15 - 10:45am||Orientation|
|10:45 - 11:15am||Tour of Campus / Dining Hall / ID Badge|
|11:15 - 11:30am||Return to Department|
* If the position is not eligible for benefits or if a benefits meeting has already taken place or been scheduled on another day, the new employee can meet at Mary Neils at 9:00am.
Online employees will attend via WebEx.